Saturday, August 26, 2006

What is love?


Now this question has been asked since the beginning of time. And people have never failed to give you their pearls of wisdom about it. So I'm not gonna be a smartass and act as if I know all about it. But yes, I am very happy to say I am in love with a wonderful person who loves me back. I feel the wonderful effects of it every single day. Having felt love, I can definitely say that and it is an amazingly beautiful thing.

Now reverting back to my question 'What is love?'Let's try categorizing it. Forget crushes, infatuations, adorations etc... you know way too much about those. I'm talking about real relationships. I can look at it from a guy's perspective. I certainly say it changes certain things about u. Even if you stay apart, it affects your lifestyle to some extent - but in a non-invasive way, in a better sortof way. And let's not get into that right now! It'll just get ickily mushy & u'll stop reading!

I truly believe that each an every love story in the world is absolutely unique.When u hear somebody's story, it always sounds familiar. Oh its the same old story - boy meets girl, falls in love, girl refuses intially (As proper Indian girls should :-D), then girl accepts, then dad comes into picture, problem, tension (as all respectable Indian fathers are supposed to behave - protect their darling daughter from the clutches of the evil scheming son-in-law), then the moms rush into the melee, try to pacify everybody and in the end?? All's well that ends well. Simple isn't it? I don't think so.
Its because you dont know the whole story. You don't know all the complications involved. When u go through all the tortuous details, u realise there's a different twist at every corner. Why else do u think there are so many lovie dovie movies? If u summarize them in a nutshell they're all the same, but u still go to see them right? Kya pata ye wala shayad 'zara hatke' hoga! That's just the thing!

I have been in the US for the past 3 & a half years. I have seen so many kinds of relationships that I can't even begin to tell you about it. As good boys we came here thinking virginity is a big thing. It took me about 2 weeks to realize people dont give a flying fart about the big V. Now realize, I said 'people', not me. Now let's not get into that. The point is, if a relationship starts with the American style dating: dinner, movie, coffee (at her apartment ) and then the inevitable, well what do u get? In other words, well, a 'test drive'. Now what happens when u take a test drive? You want to see what else is in the showroom before u go ahead. Right? See? See what I mean? That's not love! Love is when u flip open a Men's magazine and see a Lamborghini Murcielago staring back at u - a little lewdly I might add.. then what do u do? You fall in love! Yeah! That's reeeal love right there! At that time will u care how many miles to a gallon it gives u? Will you care how much the insurance guys will milk out of u? NO! You're in love!!! Aahh that feeling... if u can get her (assuming u obviously have a quarter mill to throw away), u WILL take her, no matter what! That's what I'm talking about!Now well, if you're a woman reading this, I'll have to give u a whole new example... like beautiful curtains or maybe an exotic and insanely expensive bouquet of flowers, which won't last more than a few hours - really what's it about women and flowers anyway? The same about men and cars I suppose...

Phew! I think I've gone on enough! And I think u get the drift... if not, well u can believe what Stewie Griffin has to say, "There's really no such thing as LOVE, really. It's just a puffed-up word used by Madison Avenue to sell their skin creams and two-seater cars."

No comments:

Places Visited around the World!

Caspio

Click here to load this Caspio Bridge DataPage.

Another exciting day in the life of a grad student!

Harry Potter Quiz